Friday, December 5, 2008

M/NM

I will miss knowing the name of every person in my office.
I will not miss going to parties where I only know one person.
(although this will probably not be remedied til I get back to LA)


And right now, I'm really missing some LA holiday things...
I miss my roomie and friends' white elephant exchange. I really think it was my year for Super Grover.
I miss shopping at the DW holiday bazaar and Felt Club for crafty xmas gifts. Especially Miss Farrar's holiday cards.
I miss wearing sweaters and coats and hats and scarves but not all at once because you don't really need to.
I miss wearing flip flops at least one day in December.
I miss having skin with some color in it. (as opposed to the dull grey sheen I have currently)
I miss knowing that if I threw a holiday party I could fill the room. (even though I never have gotten around to it)
I miss hearing "Christmas Wrapping" (by save ferris) and Adam Sandler's Hanukkah Songs on KROQ.

And as a complete aside, I wish I had gotten my brother's clubbing gene. Maybe I wouldn't have this feeling of dread every time an event arises where I'm going dancing with a bunch of strangers. Why can't there just be a nice pub with 80s music all the time that people want to go to?

On the upside, tomorrow morning I'm going to a vintage costume sale of pieces from the BBC collection. So that's pretty awesome. Juliet and I are forming our plan of attack right now. We're expecting it to be just as cutthroat as the Filene's Basement wedding dress sale.

1 comment:

Squaresville said...

Hi luv.
I only have the holiday cards that are last year's designs. (remember those?) And I have robot thankyou letterpressed cards, and a letterpress birthday card. Nothing too special this time. I missed my deadline for a new holiday card. D'oh!

Enjoy your last days in England. I can't believe it's December again. Where did the year go???

xoxo