Sunday, March 30, 2008

Modern day

I guess I've finally caught up to the present, thank goodness.

Work is still pretty light and even though my editor and our assistant were out most of the week (after I came back), it wasn't too taxing. Thursday night though, I met up with my editor and her two adorable kids and we went to the Kelly Clarkson show!!! This, of course, was my suggestion when I found out she was playing at the venue a block away from work. All the other young people in the office looked at me like I was insane but Catherine thought her daughter might want to go...anyway, tickets were purchased and yay, I got to see my K.Clark! She's so freaking talented it's ridiculous. Plus, it was fun to go with 2 kids to their very first concert.

I finally joined a gym on Friday and feel better already. It's ridiculously expensive for the quality of the gym but it's a block from work and I've learned that if I can't walk to my gym from either home or work then I won't end up going. So hopefully this will work out ok - I really want to get those endorphins kicking around again.

Saturday my dear co-worker Juliet and I went on a walk around London. She's an amazing tour guide and she showed me tons of cool little spots I never would have found on my own - blooming gardens, old churches, Borough Market (great food market, but insanely crowded), an adorable tea shop. We even walked through the British Museum really quickly. (also insanely crowded but the main lobby is so cool to see) Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera with me, but when ya'll come out to visit, I'll take you to some of these little gems, I promise. It became rainy and cold outside (surprise, i know) while we were walking so it affected our path a little bit. She and some co-workers had invited me to a house party that night but I didn't think I'd make it out. Once I got home to my warm cozy flat it was going to be tough to leave again. But - surprising myself - I went and had a great time. They're so much fun to hang out with, it would be impossible for anyone to have a bad time with those guys. I think party of my going out stemmed from running into another co-worker on the street on my way home and having him jokingly ask if I was going to spend Saturday night by a fire, petting my cats. Being likened to a sad old maid is enough to make any girl throw on a dress and some boots and get herself to a party.

Today - well, this blog has been most of my day. And a lot of TV. And I did cook myself a real dinner for a change, so that's something.

I'm trying to figure out a weekend getaway for next weekend so suggestions are welcome. I want warmth and sunshine. Today I discovered a deal to go to Gibraltar so I might do that. I also looked at the Canary Islands and Mallorca but to be honest, none of them are a guaranteed 80 degrees and if I'm going I want a lock on some sunshine.

That's all for now. Sorry I'm behind on emails and phone calls and birthday presents. I'm trying to get better, I swear.

No comments: