Sunday, March 8, 2009

hi ho hi ho

So, I've been asked if I've found a bunch of great restaurants and cute spots in Toronto. Sadly no - not because Toronto doesn't have them but because I really don't get out of my office much, except to grab a sandwich or very very late at night, to go home.

The best meal I've had here so far was when my parents came up for the weekend and we went to a lovely dinner at Lucien, which was recommended by two of my friends who were randomly up in Toronto when I first moved. The food was absolutely amazing. Our waitress sucked. And I mean sucked in a condescending, when-you-ask-me-about-the-tasting-menu-you're-annoying-me kind of way that just didn't stop for the whole 2-3 dining experience. But as long as I never ever have to have her as my server again, I would definitely love to go back for a special occasion.

We also had some amazing fondue and a place called Biermarkt which also does a ton of imported beers and microbrews. I'd love to go back there - special fondue menu or not, just for a nice afternoon of beer-drinkin'. The funniest part about that afternoon was that when the waitress came to our table, she was all excited about a new beer they'd just added to their list. Kronenberg 1664. Which was as standard as Peroni in England. So it amused me but also made me pretty happy to know where I can now get a Kronenberg whenever I have a hankering.

Okay back to work. I will resurface eventually...like right around March 24th. And then I'll be in LA for a week and probably coming to Indy the following long weekend. And then, one day in April, I'll actually get around to exploring TO. =)

No comments: