Sunday, March 15, 2009

Time travel - Copenhagen

So, go back to Jan. 2, 2009. I went to Copenhagen for one last European trip before my UK departure. I went by myself, just for 2 days, and it was perfect. A quick trip to see this cool, small city in a part of Europe I had never explored.

Nothing too magical happened, but I would love to go back someday. It's an interesting mix of cobblestone streets and ultra modern design with stores selling the most amazing housewares and furniture I've ever seen. There was a freak snowstorm for about an hour one day. Then it rained most of the next. I was super impressed with all the Danish women who managed to look sleek and elegant while riding bikes in sub-zero temperatures. I also have no idea how they manage to wear high heeled boots on those cobblestone streets. I have much to learn from them. =)

Here's a little slideshow of some of the sights...

No comments: