Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mini Vacay

4 days off - in a row! Not sure what's going to happen to me with 4 straight days of not sitting at a computer, but I'm pretty excited to find out.

I'm going to Indy to see my parents over the weekend. I can't remember the last time I was with my dad for Father's Day so the timing is pretty awesome. I had already booked the trip before I knew I had the extra two days off, but unfortunately it would have cost $800 (!!!) to extend my trip at all. So I'll be sticking with my original flights and be back Sunday with the whole day Monday to explore the city I've been living in for nearly 5 months now. If it's nice, I want to go down to the lake, go for a run or even rent a bike. (please don't laugh - it could happen) ...Maybe even picnic on Toronto Island. I know, awfully big plans for a woman who's been running on fumes for over a week. But I figure 2 days of lounging around with the fam should fix me right up.

Before I head to the airport tomorrow I booked in a massage at Hammam - supposed to be really nice and my back desperately needs some kneading. Then the apartment could use a solid cleaning. Or maybe I should clean before the massage? Hmm. That would probably be a better plan. I'm also pretty excited to do a huge grocery run but will save that for Monday. My fridge currently contains: milk, ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, lime juice, butter, Bailey's, 1 Corona, 3 packets of string cheese, some tomato sauce which needs to be thrown out, and frozen broccoli. Slim pickings. But makes more sense when I tell you that I've eaten every single meal for the past 3 weeks in my office. I've had to throw out a lot of spoiled produce. Poor little carrots, spinach, cilantro and peppers.

Also, many many mucho thanks to those close to me (not necessarily physically) who've let me lean on them (again, not physically) pretty heavily lately. I'm lucky to have you and I know it. So, thanks.

Oh I saw "The Hangover" last night. Freakin' hilarious. Not sure if I'd recommend it to my parents but the four of us who went all loved it. So for the 20-40 year old set who aren't morally opposed to the city of Las Vegas - I highly recommend.

Laters.

No comments: