Saturday, February 16, 2008

V-Day



We all know how I like to plan things.

For Valentine's Day, I decided that instead of going home to an empty flat after work, I would try to organize my first social event and get a big group to go out to a pub after work. Of course I had ridiculous anxiety about sending out a massive email and how lame I would look if everyone was like "yeah, no, it's Valentine's Day, cool people have other plans." Or worse yet, if no one said anything and then it was just me by myself at the pub.

Thankfully all my anxiety was for naught and a big group of us had a fantastic time eating and drinking at the Stonemasons Arms, a lovely pub just down the street from work. We had a nice big table, everyone had a place to sit, the burgers were delish and the conversation was completely entertaining.

Also, my extremely on-the-ball boyfriend mailed a very sweet card to me here in London in plenty of time (I, on the other hand, had to enlist a friend's help in order to be timely) and we got to open our cards together while we Skyped. Aww, sickeningly cute, isn't it? =)

Note: Cards designed by the lovely and talented Melinda Farrar


And of course my longest running Valentines sent me some delicious treats from Lewis & Cooper. Thanks to Mom and Dad, I had chocolately ones to shared with my appreciative co-workers and the rest went home with me. And became my dinner on Friday. There's nothing like making yourself a gourmet cheese plate for dinner, with a bottle of wine, watching "Ab Fab". Ab fab, indeed! (And if any of you ever need to send a hamper to someone in the UK, I highly recommend Lewis & Cooper - it was lovely all around)

I know, I'll be on Lipitor before I know it,if I keep up with the dairy like I am. I'll get back to salads before long. I promise.

Hope you all had good Valentine's days too!

1 comment:

Squaresville said...

Yeay! Happy Valentine's Day (Belated)! Glad you guys loved the cards. xoxoxo