Monday, January 21, 2008

Faves of the Day

During the week, most of my entries will probably be a little boring since I'm working and don't get out much. And yes, there will probably be a good number of TV show mentions.

I watched a show called "Mile High" over the weekend. It's not quite as raunchy as it sounds. Certainly PG-13 at worst. It's basically a soap opera about flight attendants on an airline called Fresh. According to IMDB is was only made from 2003-2005, so I'm guessing that what I've seen are all repeats. Anyway, the plot lines are pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a soap opera-y show about flight attendents: one was part of a prostitution ring that was being run on the flights, she's now in charge but she's a bitch so now that some of the underlings found out she used to be a prostitute, they're all planning on using it against her. Another one was married but had an affair with one of the pilots and then got pregnant. When that all came out, her husband left her, she had a breakdown, got fired and tried to kill herself by walking out onto the runway. Let's see, another flight attendant was offered a hefty sum if she convinced a prince, who was one of the passengers, to sleep with her. Meanwhile the prince's fiancee was sleeping with one of the male flight attendants. It really just goes on and on. And yet, I'm completely sucked in. It's like the more predictable and salacious it is, the harder it is for me to turn the channel. Ack.

I've also fallen in love with a car. The new Fiat 500.


So cute. It's like all the best bits of a Mini and VW Bug, and obviously, the classic Fiat 500. The official launch is today and as I type this, there is a Fiat 500 floating around in its own private pod on the London Eye. Obviously I won't be buying a car while I'm here. And it won't even be available in the US until at least 2010. But there's been a lot of press for it and if I were going to buy a car here, I think that would be the one.

Hmm...what else do I love today...
Oh so there is this fantastic Italian market just around the corner from our building. Sundrica - they bill themselves as Italian with a bit of French and Spanish tossed in. Whatever they are, I could get food from them every single day. During the week at lunchtime, they always have a homemade soup, some kind of veggie dishes (roasted fresh veggies, broccoli salads, green beans with goat cheese and roast peppers), fresh made sandwiches on their own focaccia and baguettes, and all kinds of amazing looking fresh desserts. Plus if you're looking for stuff to take home, they have an incredible assortment of cheese, olives, italian meats, and sweets too. Yum! Their website doesn't have any pictures and I haven't thought to bring my camera over there, but if any of you come to visit, we'll pick up some treats from there one day and have a picnic or something. I also frequent Pret a Manger and the Marks & Spencer foodhall which are both nearby, easy to takeaway and also delicious.

And yes, you're right. Even with all the extra walking I'm doing, it will be amazing if I don't gain about 50 pounds while I'm here with all the deliciousness. The cheeses are killing me. Maybe I should start the cholesterol pills now?

No comments: