Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Flunkie

I can't think of any more fl- words for titling my posts. Sorry about that. But if anyone wants to come up with a new naming convention, I'm taking suggestions.

So I've been at work pretty late these past 3 nights and I'm too tired to do a whole long post today. But the big excitement was that I got both a working phone line and a television today - that's a huge day for me. By the end of next week I should also have broadband and my Vonage phone working at home, so there will be a CA number you guys can call and get directly to me. Exciting! I'll send an email once that's all up and running.

My first weekend here, I went to the Winter Wonderland. Someone at work told me about it and it sounded odd and interesting. It's in Hyde Park and there's an outdoor skating rink,carnival rides and a row of about 10 little German booths selling food and crafts.
The pictures will give a general idea - it was cool to see so many people out enjoying the ice rink and the rides, but it wasn't quite as big as I was hoping.
Also the rides were a bit odd. Aside from the Bee Movie ride, which reminded me that DW will truly always be a part of my life (and yay for that!), there was a haunted Christmas mansion funhouse, which was just like a Halloween Haunted fun house but they had put a Santa cap on the scary guy outside and spread some tinsel and ornaments around. Hmmm.

No comments: