Monday, January 28, 2008

Knight and Days

I met a very famous musical knight today. It was pretty exciting. It only lasted about 11 seconds, but it was really awesome that he took the time to meet everyone in the office. Certainly someone of his magnitude doesn't have to take the time to do that. He was wearing fantastic purple patent/metallic shoes and a very sparkly diamond-encrusted watch, which I noticed when I shook his hand.

So that was great.

In other news, my hours are shifting up through the screening, so I'm now working 7am-6pm. This means I'm going to do my darndest to get to bed a little earlier, so I have to shorten calling hours during the week to end at 10pm. Sorry about that but thanks for understanding!

It looks like I might get the whole weekend off, so I'm going to try to use the fantastic going away gift my dear friends got me and take the Eurostar to Paris. If anyone has any favorite spots, hotels, restaurants, let me know. The Musee d'Orsay is at the top of my list...it was my favorite museum last time I was in Paris.

4 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

The Musee d'Orsay was my favorite, too, and would have been my suggestion! If you're looking for good eats, find a Lonely Planet guide. They were right on the money every single time we used them (ages ago, but they probably have the same process).

I couldn't do this because I was six months pregnant when we were there, but I always wanted to take a bottle of wine to watch the Eiffel Tower light up at sunset. (I'm assuming it's legal, being Paris and all.)

Maurissa said...

The wine is an awesome suggestion - although since i'm traveling by myself, I quiver to think what would happen if I drank the entire bottle on my own. =)

Cappy said...

Matt told me all about Sir E honey!!! Awesome!!!

I am loving the blog, it makes me feel like I am there with you... being a lover of walking around London solo, I love your song list so far... maybe Queen "I want to break free" that is a great walking song!
Miss you babes... Cap

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for a reservation at the Boxwood Cafe.