Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Satisfaction

It's unbelievable how excited I was this morning when I walked to the bus stop and 10 seconds after I got there, the 220 bus showed up. Totally silly, because it is 100% luck. There's an approximate bus schedule, but more often than not you'll wait 20 minutes for one and then 2 will come right in a row or you'll just miss two that were 5 mintues apart and then you're the lucky one who has to wait for 25 minutes. But this morning, I got lucky and it made me sooooo happy!

I'm trying to assemble a playlist of great songs to listen to when I'm walking - to and from work, or just around town. I walked the whole way home tonight and these were my 4 favorites that shuffled into my life:
"Super Duper Love" - Joss Stone
"Everything's Just Wonderful" - Lily Allen
"Elevation" - U2
"ABC" - Jackson 5
I like songs that make me feel like Sydney walking through the airport in the pilot of Alias. We all know I don't strut when I walk, but it's fun to walk around London listening to songs that make feel like I could if I really wanted to.

(And yes, I'm going to end it on a preposition. So there. And if you haven't seen the "Alias" episode of which I speak, that should really be a top priority in your life.)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I think you just issued a challenge. It may be difficult, but I'll have to locate it. I have video of us strutting in French Hall...right after we saw Prête-a-porte. I think we were strutting to a Cranberries song (Zombie, perhaps?), if memory serves correctly. You may want to add that to the rotation...maybe it will help. In the meantime, I'm going to have to get on the phone and ask my dad to send me that "crazy college video". (it's also the same one where we taped all the police cars out Lincoln's window...you know, when the prospective got hit by the car...only we didn't know it at the time).