Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Touristy Things, part 2

A couple of Sundays ago, I went to my favorite tourist spot so far: Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. It's so campy and fantastic. Plus, you can touch them?!? Did you know that? You can go up and hug them and pose with them and it's just really amazing. Plus, there is something for everyone...movie stars, rock stars, world leaders, historical figures, sports heroes, even a little dungeon of the most famous English criminals, if you're into that sort of thing. And I'm sure they only have about 2% of the collection out at any one time. So I'll have to go back lots!

What was the most interesting was how dead-on most of them were and then how every one out of 20 is just really odd looking. And the fact that the wax Hitler was one of the most popular photo opps.

For example, Susan Sarandon was absolutely stunning and so lifelike.

But Will Smith and Tom Cruise...not right. At all.

I was particularly excited that they had stipper-pole-Britney out on display since it was the week of her crazy breakdown/standoff. They're very timely over there at Mme. Tussaud's.



I took pics of some of my favorites...

Patsy for my brother:


For my DW friends:




And for Susan:


Please know that whoever comes to visit me will be required to go to Madame Tussaud's. And I promise, you will LOVE it!

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

I'm very excited you have a blog now. It's my favorite way to know exactly what my friends are up to! I'm also glad to see you're having some fun in addition to working.

Melanie said...

I think that Britney figure was in Madame Tussaud's Rock Circus when I went there in '97. It doesn't look like Rock Circus is still there, though... It was (or is) at Piccadilly Circus. Hmmm.

Unknown said...

Your blog is great. I've been skimming through it and it's quite entertaining. I'm glad things are going so well and that you're enjoying living and working in London.

I look forward to seeing Madame Tussaud in April.

MJ