Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Flight

This blog is because inevitably I will get too lazy to email everyone individually and send pictures and updates. So I'm just heading that off at the pass and making everything public access from the start.

We begin with my freaking awesome Virgin Atlantic flight here from LA. Due to union rules, they had to fly me over Upper Class, which means I'm pretty positive this was the nicest plane ride I will ever have.

I had my own little pod. (exhibit A)

Complete with loungey seat that converts into a bed for sleepy time. My own sleep suit to change into - basically black cotton comfort pants and top. *Sorry Susan - that probably hurts your germ-concerned ears but they looked really clean* Personal TV with more channels, games and movies than I have ever owned at my own home. A lovely dinner and snacks whenever requested. And, of course, all the booze you'd like. The best thing about the pod was having absolutely no contact with my plane neighbors. Didn't hear them, didn't see them, certainly didn't have to talk with them. Delightful!


Exhibit B shows the rows of pods. I love them. I wish I could only fly in Virgin pods from now on. =)

3 comments:

Cappy said...

Dearest Maurissa... you are truly the coolest jet-set traveller! Props to you hun! A well deserved job/challenge/adventure! Kick some British booty like I know you will!
Cappy

Matt O'Connell said...

My goodness I would probably be able to put up with the people at the airport if I knew I was traveling in this kind of comfort...WOW

kinkyrhombus said...

sounds like a sweet trip!